Crock-Pot green chile pulled chicken
Jacob and I have been meal prepping a bit and were trying to think of a different/easy way to make chicken. We basically grabbed some staple taco items and our Crock-Pot and waa-lah "Crock-Pot green chile pulled chicken," it is. This recipe is delectable and I had a lot of people asking for it, so I hope you all enjoy. It's SO easy and has me wondering, why don't I use my Crock-Pot more often? Very little clean up + you can still get your Sunday errands done = perfect way to wrap up the weekend. This recipe makes A LOT, so you can easily half it.
[quick shoutout to my Crock-Pot]
4 lbs. chicken breasts
4 green bell peppers
2 poblano peppers
1 yellow onion
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can chicken broth
1 can whole kernel sweet corn
1 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups chopped green chiles
THROW IT ALL IN THE CROCK POT (basically)
1. Slice the green peppers, jalapeños, poblano peppers, onion and green chiles (unless you're using canned).
2. Pour chicken broth in Crock-Pot, then put chicken in and pour taco seasoning over the chicken
3. Add sliced green peppers, onion, diced tomatoes (undrained), jalapeños and poblano peppers
4. Put your Crock-Pot on low and cook for about 8 hours
5. Pull the chicken with two forks and let it soak up the broth flavors
6. Drain the broth then add corn and green chiles
7. Stir, serve and/or put it in containers for lunch or dinners for your week
For a burrito bowl: add Mexican rice & black beans
For a taco: throw it in a tortilla
Top with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream. P.S. I have been on a major sour cream kick, I want it on EVERYTHING. This could be dangerous. Also, this would be heavenly with some queso poured over top of it! Oh. My. Gosh.
Enjoy, y'all! xxo