Recipe: Bok Choy Salad
My mom would make bok choy salad similar to this as we grew up and I always loved it. So I thought I would share my recipe. I am not big on making salads at home, but this is an exception. The dressing is super simple as well. My favorite part is the almonds that are coated in the ramen seasoning! (Even eating those by themselves is scrumptious!) This recipe is very easy and is the perfect side dish or starter for any meal. You can always add some protein for a nutritious lunch or dinner salad.
1 head of bok choy
½ cup slivered almonds
1 seasoning packet from a Ramen noodle oriental package
¼ of an onion (whichever type of onion you prefer)
1-cup cherry tomatoes
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 ½ teaspoon sugar
1. Wash and chop your head of bok choy, make sure to let the leaves dry
2. Place in a salad serving bowl, then store in the refrigerator for the remainder of your cooking
3. In a pan over medium heat, put 1 teaspoon of butter and ½ cup slivered almonds
4. Then mix about ¾ of the ramen seasoning with the almonds and butter. This coats the almonds with seasoning (save the remainder of the ramen seasoning) Here's what they should look similar to:
5. In a shaker or container with a lid, mix ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons sugar and the rest of the ramen seasoning packet (Shake the dressing before pouring it over the salad. I like to place this in the refrigerator until I am ready to serve.)
6. Finely chop ¼ of an onion
7. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half
8. Toss the cherry tomatoes, onions, seasoned slivered almonds and bok choy, then shake the dressing and pour it over the salad.
9. SERVE & ENJOY!
Stay tuned, xxo.